Saturday, September 6, 2008

Are we a little vain?

This is going to be out of order..but I most document this before I forget. On our beach trip last weekend, Elizabeth had to sleep in the bed with us once all the evacuees joined us. So one night, we all crawled into bed, turned out the lights.. and talked. Usually at bedtime is when we get our best "jewels" from Elizabeth. Here is our conversation:

E: "Let's go around the room and say who is the beautifulest. Mommy, Daddy, Ava or me. "
Mike: "Hmmm....let's see...I pick Mommy."
Me: "Okay... well I guess I pick ELIZABETH!"
E: "Ohhhh.. THANK YOU, MOMMY! thank you for picking me, because I really wanted to pick myself!"

Fast forward a few days. Elizabeth is zooming around the house. Mike says "Hey, Elizabeth. Your pretty fast, huh?"
Elizabeth: "No.. just pretty."

Okay Nana..enough telling her how beautiful she is..I think it's going to her head!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

that is hilarious...she has a quick wit, huh?? well, she is beautiful:)

annieck said...

Now that is HILARIOUS! I want to meet Elizabeth. She cracks me up!

Amber Brockett said...

Already acting like her mama huh!!! Just kidding...Maybe she will always keep that self confidence and will never have "girl worries"!!!

Amy said...

Dido on the girl worries! What a little cutie! She does have a quick wit! And I can sooo hear you saying "Well, I pick ELIZABETH"!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Did she not mention her new bff (ME!!) in the nighttime talks? haha