Sunday, September 7, 2008

Under the Sea



Since Elizabeth 's birthday is in August, and it's always sooo hot, we decided to do a pool party this year. Our theme was "under the sea". Every year I say that I'm just going to do a "Chuck-E-Cheese" or "Bounce House" party and forget about all the decorations..not to mention the clean-up that's involved in having a party at home. It hasn't happend yet...maybe next year! Anway, it was a great party. I think the kids had fun..which is what matters most.

Party Favors: Fish Sunglasses and Sea Animal visors







Ocotopus (hot dogs)



Shark Bait (chicken leg quarters)


Ocean Water (punch)



Ocean Wall







Where most of the guys hung out
Typical childish behavior..cake in the face










To my girls.. Blake and Jill. Thank yall for coming! It
was so great to see you!
And a GREAT BIG thank you to my mom and Blake for all your help. I really couldn't have pulled it together without you!! Love yall!



10 comments:

LeAnne said...

EMILY...what an ADORABLE party...we took the easy way out with both parties this year!!

You did a FABULOUS job and I'm sure that the kids all had a blast. SO GREAT that Jill and Blake were able to be there...do they both live close by??

Hollie and Janie said...

what an awesome party! you did such a wonderful job. gorgeous pics as usual!!

Amber Brockett said...

Great pics of the party...you are very creative!! Great to see Jill and Blake as well!!

annieck said...

What a GREAT party! Em, you are SO super creative!
BEAUTIFUL shots!!!!

Jill Williamson said...

I have bragged and bragged about you! this was so cute! I made the blog!!!! Jadyn had so much fun! So creative!

Amy said...

Wow Em! This party is sooo creative! I love the brilliant colors you chose and the food choices were so creative! Awesome job! It'll be hard to top that one :)

Donna said...

Look at you Martha Stewart! That is SO CREATIVE! I love the food, the colors, the decor- what a good mommy you are!

holly said...

OK, so Hadley's b'day is in November...got any ideas? Better yet, just come visit, and plan and photograph the whole thing! I'm the worst at that stuff :( At least we'll all be dressed cute!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

EEEMMMMM! You are too much!! You always do the BEST parties. I just go simple, but yours are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the octopus hot dog the best. I know all the other moms are always trying to keep up with you!

Unknown said...

your parties are always so great! even though we don't even have kids, we still have fun! love the cake in the face pic of mike! he still hasn't gotten mops back yet, huh?