Monday, October 13, 2008

Trip to the Fair...and some random pics


Our friends' band was playing at the local fair this year, so we decided to make it out there so girls could ride those rickety, germ infested rides operated by those scary carnival workers. (it really is a little unsettling, but we kept the kids close to the ground). Anyway, they had a great time.. well for the most part. Ava did get scared on one ride, but other than that, it was a nice night!







It was right after this picture that Ava started crying.. and cried through the entire ride. And my battery was low, low, low....so the camera was struggling to even make a picture..but you get the idea.






And..just some pics of the girls hangin' out in the front yard. We've really been enjoying this weather, and being outside more.


They were looking at the "flying monkey". Am I the only the mother that uses tactics like this? Anything to keep them sitting still for just a SECOND longer!

...and just in case you're thinking Ava's shirt looks familiar..it IS the same one she's wearing in the previous post. No, she doesn't wear it EVERY day. Just every OTHER day. Poor child needs clothes!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Those are so sweet of the girls on the paint can! The Flying Monkey is actually an art studio here, haha! The colors in the fair pics are so brilliant, great job em!
Your girls just grow prettier by the day! What little blessings.

annieck said...

Oh my goodness, you have the most beautiful little girls!!! AND you take the most gorgeous pictures!
I always love seeing the moments you've captured.

Unknown said...

you could sell these pictures for ads in magazines...your girls are the perfect beautiful little models...and you are quite the talented photographer!

Amy said...

I was looking at your pics again and noticed ava's bandages. :( what a big girl! i know that was soooo tough on all of you. how's she doing with it now?

Mel said...

Ok I was just going to post and ask where you find the cute girl clothes because I am having issues finding things that fit and look cute on Emily....she and Ava look so much alike. I got to the end of your post and saw the comment about the clothes and started cracking up. I was just so impressed at the cute outfits that I totally missed that she was in the same thing twice! Emily killed us this year with sizes. I bought her a bunch of 2T stuff and by the time I washed it and removed tags she had a growth spurt and is in 3T!!!!! UGH! I need to find cheap cute clothes and Target has been disappointing me lately - any suggestions?