Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Craft Project

I found this little craft idea online and thought it would be something cute and easy for Elizabeth and I to do together. AND, as an added bonus, it was her turn for show-and-tell at school and it had to be an item that begins with the letter "G". Also, it couldn't be a toy. So Elizabeth was proud to take and show her "Gourd Ghost" to her class!

It's just butternut squash that I painted with white craft paint, then drew eyes and mouth with a sharpie.. EASY PEASY!

8 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

LOVE IT!! TOTALLY!!
And how much pressure is show and tell?!?! I hate to see that box in front of our cubby. Thankfully we don't have a letter to abide by, but we can't bring toys (or anything easy like that) either.

LeAnne said...

we haven't had the letter basket yet this year...i'm sure we'll have it for something fun...you know, like X! Awesome job, crafty momma!! I love it!

Hollie and Janie said...

that is so cute!! mattie claire and i painted gourds, too, and it is so much fun!! she bedazzled hers with sequins.... Love them!!!

annieck said...

SO SO CUTE! I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from you. :)

Amy said...

Really cute Emily! I bet that was alot of fun to do with her!

Donna said...

I'm definitely doing that next year- what a great idea!

Aubrey said...

Linked to your blog through the Cranstons...your children are beautiful and your photography is wonderful! The squash ghosts are adorable!

Ward Happenings said...

Emily,
I'm another friend of the Cranstons that enjoys your blog. I would to love to know what kind of camera you have. Your pictures are great, but I know so much art is in the photographer. Amy and her sweet little family is such a blessing!
sgossett5@knology.net