Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School!

Well, it's official. My baby isn't so much a baby anymore! I was very nostalgic and a little sad the days leading up to this day. When did she grow up? I want my baby back! (it's okay to sing the Chili's jingle..you know you want to)

As the pictures depict, she was quite excited for her first day. And she did very well...



















Now, however, the novelty of it has worn off, and it's a battle every morning. She seems to be very unhappy at school. I've even gone to the principal already to see about moving her to a different class, which has more of her preschool friends. But my request was declined. Her teacher is already out on maternity leave. We met her new teacher last week at Open House. And she tells us that Elizabeth sits on the bench most days at recess without playing. THIS really makes me sad! When I asked her why she does this, her reply was "I just sit and think about you and how much I miss you." Can somebody please pass the tissues?? My heart hurts for her. Please pray that this situation makes a turn for the better and that she can be happy at school.

1 comment:

holly said...

omg! so sad! hadley starts preschool next week, and i hope we are all ok!