Friday, April 18, 2008

Drumroll, please...


Okay..I know you're thinking.. "who's baby is this?". Well this is Peyton. He's the new baby of some friends of ours. I had the privilege of photographing him this past weekend. He's adorable. Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because I had a revelation of some kind last night. One of the books I'm reading, Boundaries, is part of an 8 week Bible study. Last night was the first night of the study. The speaker stated that one of her favorite quotes, from Joyce Meyer, is "Do It Afraid" , meaning..even though you may be scared, just step out in faith and DO IT! We were actually discussing a sub-chapter of the book on "using your talents" when she made this statement, "do it afraid". And I just felt like something clicked. Now, I've never considered myself to be "talented". But photography IS something that I have a passion for. And it has been a dream of mine to have my own photography business one day. I just finally feel like this is something that I should seriously pursue. So I guess the pictures of this baby may just be the start! The mother of this baby called today and already has a referral for me! I'm really not sure how to go about opening a business, but I think I'll start researching!













10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Hey Emily. Your photography is gorgeous and you should definitely GO FOR IT!! I KNOW it would be successful!!

holly said...

Emily, GO FOR IT! That is how I started my business. God gave you a gift, and you need to share it with the world! My dear friend, Molly has her photography business here in Nashville, and I know she would be willing to help you (I'm sure I've sent you some of Hadley's photos that she did). Check her out at www.boulayphotography.com and email her at boulay3@yahoo.com.

Emily Clare said...

Em- I've been a big fan of your photography for a while. We've had faith in you and I'm glad you're finding the strength!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Em- you are so stinkin' talented. You have to do this! I know you are already wonderful at it. You could also talk to my friend Melissa, you know?
Love you so much and you are awesome!

cherisse said...

duh...emily, you know i've been telling you this forever! i'm glad it finally is clicking in your brain! there will be a friend's discount, right? heehee! maybe one day i'll have a little one for you to photograph...or else we'll just have to do tyson!

Donna said...

Those are amazing- really, really good! You definitely have a gift- go for it! Also- you have great decorating taste- I love the shelves by your fireplace-so pretty!

LeAnne said...

Emily, just wanted to thank you for the info on that book. I'm gonna read it next!!

annieck said...

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! You SHOULD pursue your passion...you're SO good at it!!! :) :) :) If I were closer, I would book you in a second!
I can't wait to hear how your new adventure goes!!!

--Shelley said...

jill and i need to book a time for you to come to hammond. nate is 8 weeks...it is a perfect time since he is still so babyish

Jill Williamson said...

Emily, You have BEEN good at this...get on it!!!