Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

This past Mother's Day was the best yet (of 3 yrs :) ). First of all, Ava slept until 9:00!!! Thereby, also letting mommy sleep in, too! Then sweet hubby took the girls and I to brunch at a wonderful little place by the lake called The Broken Egg Cafe. There I enjoyed the most delicious Eggs Benedict.. and THEN, indulged in Bananas Foster Belgium Waffle!! It was absolutely DIVINE! Then, home to put the girls down for naps. That's when I got to lounge poolside while Mike tidied up for the afternoon crawfish boil. Mike's parents, oldest brother, and middle brother's family, & aunt and uncle all came over for the boil. We had a very nice afternoon. The girls were just so sweet all day... which made the day even better. I feel so blessed to be a mother at all..much less to those two amazing little girls.


This was the card that Elizabeth and Ava gave me.. Elizabeth wrote this all by herself! I was so proud. I had no idea she could do that!

Ava loving on Paw Paw

Gram & her girls


Elizabeth loves her Paw Paw

Ava kissing cousin Reece.

Mike enjoying some crays

3 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Aren't you just overwhelmed (in ALL ways) sometimes at motherhood? It's truly amazing. Glad to be in the hood with you sista'!

holly said...

Gotta love Louisiana!!! I miss crawfish boils badly. We are so landlocked here!

LeAnne said...

YAY!! for a FAB mother's day!!