Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cruisin'

Mike and I just got back (a week ago)from a cruise with some friends. We had such a wonderful time. It was 5 days and 5 nights to Progresso and Cozumel. The cruise was sooo much fun. Cozumel was beautiful. I really would have like to have had more time to see it.. the water was gorgeous! I'll post a few of my favorite pics, then provide a link to kodak gallery if you want to see the rest of them. I'm really disappointed that I dont have MORE pictures..especially of me and mike. I was always the one with the camera..taking pics of everyone else. Oh well..lesson learned.



A friend of ours, Kevin Diggs, has a band-Five Finger Discount. They are the ones who headed up the cruise. There were about 50 or so people with our group. The band played twice on the ship and also had a karaoke contest. We spent the days on the ship just lying around by the pool, watching the fun activities on the deck..resting and relaxing. Then we'd get dressed for dinner, which was always fun, too. The wait staff was awesome. Everyone was so cheerful and it was such a fun atmosphere. Every night, the wait staff would sing and dance..we even did a conga line around the ballroom! AND..I had the same, amazing dessert EVERY night.. a chocolate melting cake. it was like dipping into WARM chocolate cake batter..delicous!



After dinner, we'd change clothes and then DANCE until the wee hours of the morning. Sleep late, have breakfast and start all over! I have to say, as much as I MISSED the kids terrible, I was a little depressed to be back in the real world again. Next year's cruise is already booked. And the ship is being completely remodeled for next summer. It's gonna be so nice! Anyone wanna go????
















3 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Em, you are a hot mama! Or should I say Devil in a Blue Dress!! And I think those pictures are amazing! I love them all- esp the shells and the old man. They are so neat and I'm glad y'all have a much deserved vacation.

Donna said...

How awesome! What a fun cruise you had- dancing all night! You look beautiful!

LeAnne said...

what gorgeous pictures, emily!! you look beautiful...i'm so happy you guys had so much fun!!